Frozen Chocolate Covered Banana
An awesome Summer starter - an awesome EASY and healthy treat!
Frozen RAW Chocolate Covered Banana
Makes 6 Chocolate Covered Bananas
- 1 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cacao Powder
- 1/4 Cup ( Grade B if you can find it) Maple Syrup
- 6 Bananas
- Shredded Coconut or chopped nuts (for topping – optional)
- popsicle sticks ( optional)
- Place peeled bananas in the freezer in a parchment lined sealed tight container for 3-4 hours or overnight (best if bananas aren’t touching).
- Once frozen remove bananas from freezer. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place coconut oil (do not heat coconut oil. Use at room temperature as it. It will soften as you process), cocoa powder and maple syrup into your food processor and blend until smooth (stopping a couple times to scrape down the sides).
- Place chocolate in a bowl big enough for dipping the bananas.
- Place 1 banana at a time into the bowl coating the banana fully with chocolate using a spoon. OR like pictured here, cut your banana in 1/2, insert stick and dip just the top half!
- Place chocolate covered bananas back on parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with coconut or chopped nuts while still wet (if desired).
- Let banana set for a few moments and then cut into pieces for bite-sized snacking ( if you haven't already cut them up on sticks).
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Storage – I suggest keeping these in an air-tight container in your freezer to maintain proper consistency.